INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT
We may collect the following types of Personal Information:
Information you voluntarily provide:
- Personal Information – Username and password (examples of Personal Information include your name, email address, address, and phone number).
- Payment information – If you use the Service to make or receive payments, we will also collect certain payment information, such as Ether, wallet, credit card, PayPal or other financial account information, and billing address. DSC is not responsible for any harm that may occur as a result of you providing inaccurate payment information.
- User Contributions Information – Information you provide to post to the Services (e.g., photos, comments, and other materials) along with any information you provide about yourself and the content. Information sent either one-to-one or within a limited group using our message, chat, post or similar functionality, where we are permitted by law to collect this information ("User Contributions").
- Communications between you and DSC – For example, we may send you emails regarding DSC, payment confirmations, the Services, or technical and security notices. Note that you may not be able to opt out of certain Services-related e-mails.
Information that is passively collected:
- Analytics information – We may use third-party analytics tools to help us measure traffic, usage, and sales trends by your use of our Services. These tools collect information sent by your device or the Services, including the web pages you visit, add-ons, and other information that assists us in improving the Services. This analytical information is not covered by this policy because it does not identify any particular individual.
- Mobile Device Unique Identifier – When you use a mobile device to connect to our Services via a service provider that uniquely identifies your mobile device, we may use this unique identifier to offer you extended services and/or functionality. Certain Services may require the collection of your mobile phone number. We may associate that mobile phone number with the mobile device unique identifier.
- Physical location information – Depending on the Services you use or when you download our mobile applications, we may use and store GPS, WiFi and/or cell tower information relating to your device, in combination with other location-based information such as your IP address, your billing postal code provided by your carrier, or your registration location, to provide enhanced location- based services, and to serve location-targeted advertising, search results, and other content. This information may be collected when our mobile application or some other Services may be running in the foreground (on- screen use) or background (off-screen use) of your device. Such information may also be collected through your purchase and use of Tokens to assist us in determining where transactions take place and to better track the use of Tokens and the utilities for which they are used.
- Log file information – Log file information may be automatically reported by your browser each time you make a request to access (i.e., visit) the Services. It can also be provided when the content of the Services is downloaded to your browser or device. When you use the Services, our servers may automatically record certain log file information, including your web request, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, referring/exit pages and URLs, number of clicks and how you interact with links on the Services, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, and other such information. We may also collect similar information from emails sent to our users which then help us track which emails are opened and which links are clicked by recipients. The information allows for more accurate reporting and improvement of the Services.
- Metadata – Metadata is usually technical data that is associated with User Contributions. For example, Metadata can indicate how, when and by whom a User Contribution was collected and how that content is formatted. Metadata associated with certain types of User Contributions, such as pictures, may also include location information about where the content was recorded (i.e., geotags).
- Information received from third parties – We may receive information about you, including Personal Information, from third parties such as social networking websites (subject to their representation that they have a legal right to share such information), to supplement the information we maintain about you. If we do so, this policy governs any combined information that we maintain in personally identifiable format.
- Additional Information – We may require that you provide to us, or to our nominee, immediately upon request, information that we, in our sole discretion, deem to be required to maintain compliance with any federal, state, local, domestic or foreign law, regulation or policy, including any “Know Your Customer” requirements and policies. Such information may include a passport, driver’s license, utility bill, photograph of you, government identification cards or sworn statements, and we, or our nominee, may keep a copy of such information for our records. We may determine, in our sole discretion, that it is necessary to obtain certain information about you in order to comply with applicable laws or regulations in connection with selling Tokens to you. You agree to provide us such information promptly upon request, and you acknowledge that we may refuse to sell Tokens to you until you provide such requested information and we have determined that it is permissible to sell you Tokens under any applicable laws or regulations.
We do not collect any Sensitive Personal Information about you.
INFORMATION ABOUT CRIMINAL CONVICTIONS
When you register for or otherwise use our Services, we may receive information about your criminal convictions when we perform certain verification or compliance checks in accordance with applicable anti-money laundering and anti-terrorist financing laws and regulations. We carry out these checks in order to detect or prevent any unlawful or fraudulent acts and to comply with our legal obligations.
IF YOU FAIL TO PROVIDE PERSONAL INFORMATION
Where we need to collect Personal Information by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you. We will notify you if this is the case at the time.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will only use your Personal Information when the applicable law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your Personal Information in the following circumstances:
- Provide you with customer support;
- Comply with third party contracts;
- Help you efficiently access your information after you sign in;
- Remember information so you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the Services;
- Provide personalized content and information to you and others, which could include online ads or other forms of marketing;
- Provide, improve, test, and monitor the effectiveness of the Services;
- Develop and test new products and features;
- Monitor metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, and demographic patterns;
- Diagnose or fix technology problems; or
- We may use Personal Information for any purpose otherwise allowed by applicable law.
You have the right to withdraw consent to marketing, advertising or public relations at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CHANGE OF PURPOSE
We will only use your Personal Information for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If you wish to get an explanation as to how the processing for the new purpose is compatible with the original purpose, please contact us at email@example.com.
Please note that we may process your Personal Information without your knowledge or consent where this is required or permitted by law.
HOW WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
SHARING WITH THIRD PARTIES
Parties with whom we may share your information:
- Third Party Affiliates – We may either employ or partner with third party companies for the purposes of advertising, facilitating, or enhancing our Services. In order for these third party companies to carry out their services, your Personal Information and other data collected may be shared with these third party companies (including, without limitation, maintenance services, database management, web analytics and improvement of our Services). Any transfers of your Personal Information to third parties shall be in accordance with any applicable laws and/or regulation.
- Government, Regulatory Agencies, Courts, and Law Enforcement – We will access, preserve, and share any information about you, without your consent, to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as we in good faith believe necessary or appropriate to respond to claims and legal process (including, but not limited to, subpoenas), to comply with applicable laws, to protect the property and rights of DSC, you or a third party, to protect the safety of the public or any person, or to prevent or stop activity we may consider to pose a risk of being, or is illegal, unethical or legally actionable. This may include responding to legal requests from jurisdictions outside of the United States where we have a good faith belief that the response is required by law in that jurisdiction, affects users in that jurisdiction, and is consistent with internationally recognized standards. We may also access, preserve and share information when we have a good faith belief it is necessary to: detect, prevent and address fraud and other illegal activity; to protect ourselves, you and others, including as part of audits, inquiries or investigations; and to prevent death or imminent bodily harm. Information we receive about you may be accessed, processed and retained for an extended period of time when it is the subject of a legal request or obligation, governmental investigation, or investigations concerning possible violations of our terms or policies, or otherwise to prevent harm.
- Parties with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions – If you voluntarily share or submit any information (e.g., name) or content (e.g., picture), or commentary (e.g., forums, message boards, chats) for posting to the Services, or link it to any social media platforms, that post and any content or information associated with it may become available to the public.
OTHER WEBSITES AND SERVICES
The Services may contain links to other websites or services that we do not own or operate. We are not responsible for the practices employed by any websites or services linked to or from the Services, including the information or content contained within them. Your browsing and interaction on any third-party website or service, including those that have a link on our Services, are subject to that third party’s own rules and policies, not ours. In addition, you agree that we are not responsible and do not have control over any third-parties that you authorize to access your User Contributions. If you are using a third-party website or service and you allow them to access your User Contributions you do so at your own risk.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
In addition, we limit access to your Personal Information to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your Personal Information on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected Personal Information breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
HOW WE STORE YOUR INFORMATION
WHAT HAPPENS IN THE EVENT OF A CHANGE OF CONTROL
We will only retain your Personal Information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for Personal Information, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the Personal Information, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your Personal Information, the purposes for which we process your Personal Information and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements. For example, if you want to end your user agreement with Diamond Standard, know that we are required by law to retain certain information you have provided for a number of years.
For further details of retention periods for different aspects of your Personal Information please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
YOUR CHOICES ABOUT YOUR INFORMATION
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your Personal Information, including:
- Right to request a copy of your Personal Information;
- Right to request your Personal Information to be destroyed or erased;
- Right to request correction of your Personal Information; and
- Right to withdraw consent of your person being used.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact us at email@example.com.
Your account information and profile/privacy settings:
- Text messaging - You may opt-out of receiving text messages by replying “STOP” to any text message received.
- Emails - In all promotional emails, you will be given the opportunity to opt-out of receiving such messages in the future by clicking on the link at the bottom of the email that will allow you to unsubscribe. Please note, we reserve the right to send you Services-related communications (e.g., account verification, payment confirmations, technical and security notices) that you may not opt-out of. Even if you have unsubscribed from receiving promotional emails from us, we may send you other types of important email communications without offering you the opportunity to opt-out of receiving them, such as customer service announcements and administrative notices.
- Mobile device unique identifier - Unless you choose to opt out, we may also share your mobile phone number with certain select third parties. You can opt out by changing the privacy settings on your cell phone.
NO FEE USUALLY REQUIRED
We may charge you a fee not exceeding the prescribed maximum for access to your Personal Information, except where any such request results in the correction of an error or omission in the Personal Information about the individual that is under our control. You will not have to pay a fee to access your Personal Information (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
WHAT WE MAY NEED FROM YOU
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your Personal Information (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that Personal Information is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
TIME LIMIT TO RESPOND
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within 45 days. Occasionally it may take us longer if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated of timings.
Unfortunately, if you’re under the age of 18 years old, you can’t use Diamond Standard. We do not knowingly solicit or collect information from anyone under the age of 18 years old. If we become aware that a person under the age of 18 years old has provided us with Personal Information, we will delete it immediately.
HOW TO CONTACT US
|Personal Information||means information about an identified or identifiable individual.|
|Privacy Officer||an officer appointed in accordance with the Personal Information and Protection Act 2016 (who shall have primary responsibility for communicating with the Privacy Commissioner) and an executive accountable for the protection of Personal Information.|
|Sensitive Personal Information||includes any personal information relating to an individual's place of origin, race colour, national or ethnic origin, sex, orientation, sexual life, marital status, physical or mental disability, physical or mental health, family status, religious beliefs, political opinions, trade union membership, biometric information or genetic information.|